Thread: Cancelled Sub

Default Cancelled Sub

Well, I've played WoW once in the past 2 weeks, so I've decided to cancel my sub. I just hope you schlags get back to playing CSS because otherwise, until Battlefield 2 comes out I'm not going to be playing any games with the legion

Default Re: Cancelled Sub

I've canceled mine for the time being due to lack of time (DMW is taking up my time, still, it gives me an oppertunitiy to shamelessly pimp it :P.)

Still got sub till 21st, and I shall be re-subscribing once things quiet down, I just dont have time to do much at the momenet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flufball
    I've canceled mine for the time being due to lack of time (DMW is taking up my time, still, it gives me an oppertunitiy to shamelessly pimp it :P.).

Is DMW like Cheating Death? How are you involved with it? Tell me more!

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flufball
    I've canceled mine for the time being due to lack of time (DMW is taking up my time, still, it gives me an oppertunitiy to shamelessly pimp it :P.).

Is DMW like Cheating Death? How are you involved with it? Tell me more!
    I'm not the best at describing it, however I can give it a go, you should realy check out the website/forums though, we have a dedicated team for this sort of thing. As for how involved I am, I'm one of 17 members of the development team, and have sod all time to do anything at the moment, so I would assume preaty involved.

DMW works on a Client/Server Basis (The foundation for any decent anti-cheat).

It differs from other anti-cheats in that it works with a approved file system rather than a footprint system, I.e. Only files we decide are clean are let on rather than having a massive list of cheats. What you see with other programs is them updating it with a new veriant of one cheat or the other, whereas DMW when it stops a cheat generaly stops that cheat and any veriant that is possible.

Cheating death has its own unique and entierly differant aproach to stoping cheats, it simply makes sure that they don't work on the game, and while it is a wonderful program (One that I love very much for HL), it does not address underlying problems (e.g. If its bypassed they allow the bypasser to keep coming back once they have fixed the problem).

It has the usual stuff such as in-game screenshots, without any acompanying lag, but delivers the screenshot after a delayed period to prevent any abuse in matches (I.E. Using screenshots to find where someone is hiding), we have hardly any faliurs of screenshots, hardware banning is another feature that we have(Although our hardware banning system was actualy announce before others).

DMW has a unique system called Pimpkey, which works similar to GUIDs but is tied directly to your client account (You need a login to play with it), it logs what server you played on, when and where, any cheats you have, any unknown files that you get kicked for etc etc are logged in pimpkey.

Pimpkey also has a unique profiling system, where you can search for a player in our database (Find Member option, on the DMW website, here's mine although we've just had a database purge so it doesn't list any server I've been on before today), you can use this to view what server they have been on, and what names they have used, which is quite useful for leagues as it enables them to check for freelancers.

The Pimpkey profiles also work for clan accounts (What you use to log into the scanner) where you can link your entire clan to your account so that people know that they are first and formost members of your clan, you can also view your clan account and see who's played on your server, what alias they have and what username they have (Clicking on their name will take you to their pimpkey profile).

It also is used to list the number of cheats used by a player (e.g. If they buy a new computer, and use their old pimpkey profile, they still have the number of cheats on their profile).

Compared to other options out there DMW is fairly easy to use, theres no massive server configs to sort through and thus no server lag due to poorly configed servers, no in depth details to set, theres simply a client exe (So you can play) and a server exe (so you can scan the server).

There are two differnt series, DMW 2 and DMW 3, the DMW 2 series is the freebee one that was developed for medal of honor, whereas the DMW 3 series is the powerful one we are developing and is where all the support is heading, this will cost (last time I checked, I'm support not PR) around 20 a year It could be more, but I doubt it will be much more, I honestly can't remember and I don't have time to check at the moment.

Its a wonderful system, although I'm somewhat biased, I would not be working for DMW if I did not belive it could be the best choice for anti-cheat programs.

Check us out Here or our forums here (Hint: I'm The director Hamish Livingstone, we all have nice orange names).

Incidentaly Vasq, sorry for hi-jacking your post

Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best at describing it.

you mean fluff actually does something usefull? w00t

I must say the program sounds appealing though. Very nice
    Last edited by Daymare; Wednesday, 6th April 2005 at 21:07.