Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Machina View Post
    And all lock pets have an attackspeed of 2.0
    Hunters are soon having their Pet Attack speeds brought into line with Warlocks.

I'm not saying we have it hard but I posted a concern about pve viability and instantly I get "your overpowered in pvp". Seriously, thats just too much hate. I have a 60 priest of my own and at least before the patch, they were way easier than warlocks to play (Shadow). (Havent played it for a while since its a nelf).

And I think I have yet to actually be shot by a soulfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
    Hunters are soon having their Pet Attack speeds brought into line with Warlocks.
    Yes, but it was just a reply to the "pets interrupt loads" comment. Yes, they do.. Every 2 seconds to be exact.

Or warriors against a lock is
    riiight....

Warrior gets a charge in bg's and your very quickly screwed. I'm not talking duels here but real pvp. Again, I'm not claiming that being a lock is hard in any way but that's not the same as that we're just fine.

An no, I don't lose to all warriors but i do die every once in a while you know.

And you dont have to get all agressive just because a warlock has a concern.

Corruption (Rank 7)
    340 Mana 30 yd range
    2 sec cast
    Corrupts the target, causing 822 Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    Source: Book, Drop

Is it really fair that this spell doesnt even scale 100% with gear as opposed to fx swp?

Also it seems that the more spelldmg you have, the worse scaling the spells get.
    Last edited by Machina; Tuesday, 9th January 2007 at 13:01.

yes.......

a locks dots already do shitloads of dmg...and even if you dont wanna look it from the PvP side you HAVE to because they can't change a spell only for PvE and leave it for PvP....it's a tad hard. So lets say they do give corruption 100% effect, what do we have then: a warlock that does even more dmg....even though atm a lock's dots can pretty much kill you unless you get dispelled...which you don't since most priests are specced shadow and they fail to notice that they can use Dispell in shadow form.....

I do get aggressive because warlocks are one of the most overpowered classes for a fair amount of time now so no I don't think you should be asking for anything

I completely agree with you machina about PVE damage who are today crap. Yes they should get a up for them to be more useful in raids. Unfortunately as you certainly know and as other said, Blizzard is focusing on PVP aspects of the game (my pvp build makes more damage than a PVE combat build in instances nowadays) so they won't up the lock dots for PVE actually, maybe later. I think we should wait for another new aspect to really have the best idea : the resilience. If they make good calculations about it than they can take this suggestion in care cause upping dots tick for PVE damage will be countered by the resilience factor in PVP. Nowaday locks can't receive up for PVE as they use the same gear to make a 4 k crit on a mob than on a player and no resistances are set against that (no PVP resistance and a full shadow res gear mean you re making a lvl 35 char damage). I know locks build make not all getting 4 or 6 k crit on soulfire but if they can't do that they make 450 corruption tick and same for dots other giving a life time less than 10s to every ranged opponent, or they have a pet powerfull enough to kill you on their own.

I think what you can remember of that is today PVE specification is in background in blizzard plan, take skills for TBC and you ll see. rogue with cloak of shadow (limited use in PVE) and evasion 2 (useless in PVE), warrior with spell reflection (tried it the boss is immune to his self magical damage and has a cast time so short it s nearly impossible to activate it in time) tanking capabilities not improved, locks doing crappy damage in PVE with higher rank upping damage symbolicly, same for mages btw, crowd control nerfed in new instances like naxx (hunter trap, mage sheep useless for most of mobs, breaks more often than ever when they work). And even shadow priest in TBC are not so useful in raid, you can't heal your group enough with your shadow damage with a shadow priest (since coilfang it's not enough, hellfire works with) and they tend to take way much more aggro as the warrior aggro has not been upped. a group of 5 with a shadow priest and a shaman healing specced will not be able to let group alive at most of lvl 66+ bosses.

Now I agree on 1 of the original post suggestion, they should reduce the mana cost of your spell I agree. But to that Blizzard has just to answer "what for ? you have life tap you have unlimited mana with". For the other points nothing will change in the near future I guess.

I currently have 396 shadow dmg.

Corruption: 1556 over 18 secs
    Coa: 1743 over 24 sec
    Siphon Life: 916 over 30 secs
    Immolate: 342 initial dmg, 718 over 15 seconds.

it would take a minimum of 6 seconds to get these off provided im free to stand still and do this uninterrupted (gotta stand still during immolate) and when the final dot is applied, I've done in the vicinity of 700 dmg. 700/6 = 116 dps for the first 6 seconds if my opponent is allowing me to do this without fighting back.

Here is my current build:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...10000000000000

I could improve the dot dmg 5% at the cost of burst (bane/shadowburn)

Also keep in mind that these are the unnerfed dots. 120% corr and 160% coa.

I dont care much for the suggestions in that thread btw. I just feel its unfair that they not only nerf the dots after buffing them, they nerf them below what they were originally I.E. below 100%

Edit: a general concensus among warlocks is that this will not affect pvp much while it will screw us in pve. Just so you know.
    Last edited by Machina; Tuesday, 9th January 2007 at 13:35.

if it s true it s unfair cause it s the exact opsosite way all want locks to go

The picture painted is a lot blacker than the reality.