Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm concerned

the best advice we could have is giutz's one, he raised his lock up to 70 and as he said to me about it, he was thinking it the lock was still a very nice and entertaining class to play. In TBC you will have a good + dmg gear easy to get. Even green items have + damage (upfen was having +600 dmg and +1000 healing gear at 70) so nerfed the pure damage factor from those 2 dots will be very fast compensated by the gear you ll get. Another aspect to take care of is the + damage calculation. at lvl 70 your actual rank will have someting like + 60% item damage bonus (ie +350 from a +600 dmg set). with the new skill even if it's not a high up for the new rank you will get back the +600 dmg from your gear and you ll see immediately a big improvement. I think for now yes you can be disappointed by the nerfed because you are 60. Don't forget nowadays you re playing a lvl 60 with lvl 70 rules. it s a nerfed for now, not sure it will be the same at 70

True true! no reason to take the sorrow in advance in any case. And if all else fails, Destruction looks very good with incinerate. Especially if a shadow priest can deliver non stop VE

machina locks will also be needed in PVE because blizzard is making raid-content based upon classes (like u need hunters for tranqing) so that every class will be needed. They did that because there was alot of bitching that high-end-naxx guilds (im talking about Death and Taxes for example) only used 1-2 locks and a few hunters in their raids because mages and rogues did more dps.

Combine this with the fact that RL had a history of being the Champion of Fairness, every class will be getting about the same number of raidspots (and only the most elitest-hardcore guilds will do otherwise). And add the fact that in our current situation, wich is deemed by many that warlocks suck in pve, jega and ramm are often in the top3-spots of our damage-meters.

BTW; for theorycrafting purposes did u include the synergies locks can profit off from shadowpriests? u might wanna do that, since its a decent increase to a lock's DPS in PVE.

So far, there doesnt seem to be anything to be concerned about. My warlock toon performs lovely (depending on encounter ofc^^ Gief mobs with vast amounts of health plx)

This guy's theorycraft bout the warlock does not include misery and shadow weaving, yet the priest one has it.
    Anyhow, my point is that i don't really care )) We're talking bout SW:P and Corr+Siphon, yet there are other dots, not to mention yer allways free to respecc.
    Guess high damage output of SWP compensates shitty scaling of priest's main nuke, mind flay.
    Plus, spriest "have" (means uses) only 1 school of magic, shadow that is. Correct me if im wrong, but smite and holy fire are pretty useless without being specced for it or dmg multipliers.
    And yes, as slig pointed before: I rather do less dmg but have amazing utility, then spam 2-3 buttons and see BIG KREETZ N DMG. That's why i pick lock, not mage nor rogue. And spriest is way too boring imho, pvp wise that is

But I just loved idea of selectible curses, that would be SO fucking great
    Last edited by Mero; Thursday, 1st February 2007 at 12:20.