Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Errors installing TBC

Default Errors installing TBC

Had an error with cd4 97%ish. Found this from the tech forums if anyone else has the same problem.

And here's a quote for lazy schlags
    After a fair few hours I have managed to get my copy of TBC to install even though the 4th CD was corrupt and the Installer Tome 4.mpq couldn't be read.

I downloaded CDCheckSetup from http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/cd-recovery.html (free for personal use).
    I then used the recover feature to recover the Installer Tome 4 file to my harddrive.

Once this was done I could then copy over the files from the other 3 CDs and run the installer from the HD itself.

This has worked!

yay for the internet and google
    In other words copy all cds to hard drive to the same folder with one program or another - install from there and voila(or how is it typed?)!

good to know

I had same problem but used wifes cd's to fix

Hmm might be worth copying all discs to one DVD to make installing quicker and easier after a system reinstall...

I used the DVD from CE to install the expansion, that went alright but then it installed the 200 mb patch that the backround downloader had downloaded last week and that proved to be corrupt, I re-downloaded that patch and again it was corrupt so I completely uninstalled WoW and tried installing again.

At first I tried with my original discs and it wasn't recognising the 2nd disc. Fortunately I had a 2nd copy of WoW that I bought 3 months ago so I used those discs to install it and then installed tbc from the CE DVD again and in the end re-downloaded that patch....finally it's working :S

For anyone that has Kaspersky Anti Virus (well for the UK version at least) it causes the installer to crash when changing to CD2, all you need to do is disable it while it's installed and re-enable it when its finished installing!

pff, been trying to install it for two days, but i'm too much of a noob i guess cause it's not working

Does anyone maybe know how i can fix that problems, it just comes when im at 97% of installing tbc
    Attached Files Attached Files

have you even read other peoples posts in this thread ? :/

ofc, tried it and all but i keep getting an error while recovering, i kinda misformulated the previous post